MISCELLANEOUS THOUGHTS AND IDEAS
1. Potions are poisons or highly alcoholic/toxic and can have long-lasting effects – both negative and positive; based on potion types mostly consumed
2. Magic weakens the body and mind from long time exposure. Mages typically use magics to fight this, but those who do not wield magic are at risk. Think magic radiation. Even so mages are more susceptible to the mental weakening magic causes.
3. Elves is simply a word for half-bloods, typically with magical and “mortal” creatures, but also frequently half-humans.
4. Royalty must appease the god/gods that blessed them with health and strong blood-lines. Ex: Not keeping their word sword by an oath to the god (such as with verbal contracts) is a great dishonor. Even if it isn’t true it looks bad in the eyes of nobility and puts them at risk in many ways
5. True/full healing and resurrection is rare and requires very powerful stuff. Most healing only helps part of the way or sort of “mend” the area, but doesn’t heal it completely or tears on the body (both of caster and wounded). Almost all form of “resurrection” (even divine) results in the living again party only having a “half life”. This is a loose term and could mean a lot of things, usually negative but not always completely so.
1. Potions are poison and should not be consumed in greater quantities. Higher quality potions distills out most of the toxins, but not all. In some settings it’s simply highly alcoholic, but in most it would be pure poison really.
Short term effects: Hallucinations, temporary weakness, weak blood pressure (easily lightheaded), delirious, jittery, sleep apnea, toxic breath, emotional instability, intoxication,
Long term effects: Early death, weak constitution (sickly), poor vision, weakened senses, dulled sense of touch, pale skin, ethereal consumption (slowly turning magical and ethereal but with little control), shakes, poor body control, poor grip, weak bones, weak blood, discoloration, weak will, disruption of the soul and mind, hair loss, teeth decay, losing body parts, growing body parts, loosing humanity, poison resistance or immunity, hardened skin, unstable regeneration and the list goes on.
It all depends on the common potions consumed really.
2. Royalty are chosen from ages past by one or multiple gods. This blessing keeps them and their family line healthy and strong. When they swear by this god they can not break this oath as it would be a greater insult to the gods than any other mortal. And by breaking this oath they would doom their family to become weak and lesser. This is why a lot of houses fall and are killed within themselves if they birth weak offspring (either of mind, body, will, soul or honor). This might just be bullshit, but most houses either believe this or heed it simply because others do and if they were to fail this tradition they are seen as weak and an apt target for usurpation
The royal has a duty or contract of sorts to the Gods and so must also do rituals based on whichever god they are chosen by.
3. True/full healing and resurrection is rare and requires very powerful stuff. Most healing only helps part of the way or sort of “mend” the area, but doesn’t heal it completely or tears on the body (both of caster and wounded). Almost all form of “resurrection” (even divine) results in the living again party only having a “half life”. This is a loose term and could be something like: _weakened senses; significantly weaker body and mind; no longer being susceptible to disease but always being sickly; loosing feelings/emotions; loss of sense (usually touch or sight); losing humanity (becoming a monster per-say); ethereal form; susceptible to magics; becoming part magic; seeing the spirit of death and death-bringers; gaining dark gifts; twisting the soul and mind; _
RELIGIONS & FAITHS
1. Vas – Way of heavenly paths or Everchanging paths: isolated in temples at a young age or when entering religion or having suffered something that would enligthen you – at the right time a “heavenly” or fated path will chow themselves to the believer and they will follow this. Can be paths of the warror “Carrovas”, way of the hunter “dramasvas”, way of magic “malevas” (which really means Path of Mystery)
Paths dont always have a simple single route and may branch out, but for most it is a single devotion they dedicate their entire lives to; usually a career, craft or similar
3. Totems –
4. Anscestral worship
5. Family collective spirit
6. All is fire and water, forming earth and wind – our flesh, blood and breath.
7. Balance of the world
9. The many faces of god (One god – multiple sides)
10. Legend worship – people become gods
11. Fey worship – other form of spiritualism
12. All things have a spirit –
METHODS OF DIVINATIONS
1. Blood letting – multiple versions.
-Bleeding from the palm into a broad bowl of sacred oils.
-Hanging a fitting animal based on type of fortune: fortune of war would require a bull or similar, a mystical or unknown divination type would require a cold-blooded creature, weather a flying creature, general could be a lamb or other preferred animal etc)
It’s blood dripped onto sand, canvas, fitting dust or other.
2. Hang mans palm – the fat from a hung animal or humanoid is used to create a candle shaped like a hand which is lit with a wick from the creatures fur/hair. It is placed/dripped atom a canvas from the creatures hide/skin and the way the wax drips, cools and forms can be used for divination and rituals.
3. Star gazing
4. Smoke reading (various from collective inscents to a large bonfire and toxic smoke and so on
5. Consumation (of ingredients putting one into a tranze)
6. Flaura – Seing beyond by examining plant growth, usually specific types of plants or plants manipulated in ways such as burning, cold, alchemical compounds etc.